[nagdu] finding the right food

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:37:07 UTC 2012

Hi Hannah,

I have used two wonderful foods.

1.  Natural Balance.  If your dog has a sensitive stomach, there is a duck and potato formula for that issue.  You can get it at Petco.

2.  Penicle, which is basically the same thing as natural balance however, I was told by a local pet store owner that it was of a higher quality than Natural balance.  I think though, that it's a matter of opinion though.  It also has a sensitive stomach formula which is duck and potato, but you can't find it at Petsmart or Petco.  You can order it at Pet Food Direct, however the shipping costs can be kind of hideous, which is why when I get my next dog, I'll probably go back to Natural Balance, for reasons I can't disclose on list as people would know what school I applied to.

When Brooks had issues with Penicle being too rich for his stomach, the vet said that Blue Buffalo was a good food too.  It just wasn't as rich and hardy so brooks, just having turned five, would be able to digest it better.

JMO,

Jenny