[nagdu] prayers, please

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Thu Jun 14 17:49:44 UTC 2012

Hi Bibi,
My younger sister lives in Fort Collins and there is tons of smoke there.
the dogs and cats can stay inside but her horses can't and their shelter
can't be closed - it's a three sided barn.  My sister's friend had to
evacuate and went to down town Fort Collins to stay with her mother.  Guess
we'll find oout more when my sister comes here for a visit in a couple of
weeks.  She'll be glad to breathe clean air again in San Diego!

Back in 2003, we had a huge fire here in San diego county and the smoke was
really bad here where I live.  The sky was amber colored and the sun looked
just like an orange ball in the sky.  It felt like it was cloudy out as the
smoke even blotted out the heat from the sun.  We had to stay indoors and
for four days, the only time i went outside was to take Jake (Landon's
predecesor) out to park (yeah, to "get busy"!).

During another bad fire in 2007, my mom's good friend had to evacuate.  Her
son then had to evacutate.  The dogs woke him up and barked until he got
oout of bed.  He looked out the window and saw a wall of fire coming towards
the house and he and the dogs bailed and were safe.  the house was lost and
nobody knows what happened to the cat he couoldn't find to take with him.

This is going to be a bad fire season all over the West.  I heard on NPR
this morning about the problem with increasing homelessness and those folks
are camping out in the forests to escape the heat and aren't that careful of
the campfires they make.  Everyone keep safe.

Lyn and Landon