[nagdu] trip to San Diego!

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Jun 15 00:39:55 UTC 2012

Hi Laurel,
I live in San Diego.  the hotels are in various areas - some easy to get to
and others not by public transportation.  Do you have paratransit?  If so,
you can be a "guest" user of ours.  Here's their contact number:
877-232-7433.  Ours is called MTS ADA Access paratransit.

Hotels, motels, bed &breakfasts vary in cost.  I haven't heard of any
problems about guide dogs in any of them.  I think there is a website for
disabled access to San Diego but not sure.  years ago, there was a phone
number which I do not have.  Try and Google disability access in San diego.

We have a system of trolleys and buses here with most access in downtown and
someof the neighborhoods.  You can get a $5.00 All-Day Pass to use on the
transit. They have a website - forgot what it is but Google San Diego
Transit and you should get it.

There is lots to do here - if you have money!  WE have Sea World, the Zoo,
Balboa Park with museums, and lots of free stuff like walking along the
Embarcadero where the Midway ship and the Maritime Museum are.  there's a
nice outdoor mall called Seaport Village which is basically a tourist trap
but great place to buy suvaneers.  In August, the weather will be nice and
warm.

At the Zoo, you can bring your dog, no problem.  You would just check in at
Guest Services and tell them you have a dog.  You have the choice to bring
the dog arouond with you or there is a private outdoor kennel to put the dog
in.  This is located in a private area in the shade.  You can bring a
sighted person with you or ask the Zoo to provide you a guide, especially if
you go in the morning during the week when it isn't crowded.  The only
places in the Zoo you can't bring the dog into is the Childrens Zoo and the
bird aviaries and I think you can now bring the dog into the shows.

Let me know if there's anything else you might like to know and I can find
out the answer if I don't know myself.

Lyn and Landon