[nagdu] TSE old lounge and Zilla

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Jun 20 23:16:07 UTC 2012

The old lounge was in an old Victorian house near downtown Morristown.
there were a ton of steps to get out the front door to the sidewalk but it
was a georgous building with this really neat stained glass inset in the
front door.

The place we waited was a small room with a bunch of soft chairs.  there was
this old, wonderful lady named Zilla who was so cheerful and sang all the
time.  She was Jamaican, I think.  She served us all coffee, tea, or hot
chocolate and she was absolutely WONDERFUL - an absolutely wonderful human
being.  she loved us all and we loved her back!  She was a volunteer and, I
think, at one time she was an employee for TSE in Dietary Services.  I don't
know if she's even still alive - never heard anything.  Hey, Ginger, you
know what's become of Zilla?

Also, in the back of that old house, there was a garage and a place in the
shade for the dogs in training to wait.  We would occassionally see a
trainer with one of the dogs in his or her string.  I remember being in Doug
Bohl's class in 1988 and wwe'd drive into that driveway in the back of the
old lounge.  there was this huge speed bump and Doug would say it was an old
lady he ran over - what a sick mind, that Doug Bohl! Hahahaha!  He'd get us
laughing so hard!  We did have alot of fun with Doug.  And that is the
memory i had about that place besides Zilla.  No, and Douog wasn't infering
that he ran over Zilla - just some other unnamed generic "old lady". LOL!

In the new lounge, do you still have coffee or something to drink while
waiting your turn to work with the instructor?  I think they should name the
new lounge after Zilla - never did know her last name.  She deserves that
honor!  Anyone else have memories of that great lady, Zilla?

Lyn and Landon