[nagdu] School in the desert

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 17:37:40 UTC 2012

Hey Debbie,
I went to a friend's graduation in 2001 when she got a dog from GDD.  We had
a tour of the school and i remember the relief area with the three surfaces
so the dog could get used to relieving on different surfaces.  Great idea
and wish the other schools would adopt that.  At Seeing Eye, we only have
what used to be a staff parking lot.  They fenced it in, poured white
concrete on it, and made an area with a curb so you could get your dog used
to curbing.  Landon will use all sufaces to park - as we call it at TSE.

I remember the lounge there and the rooms and even the shower stalls that
had no lip on them - the same kind for wheelchair access.  The graduation
was in the new building with a huge auditorium.  The scenery around the
school was nice as well.  You could see the blue-grey mountains against the
very blue sky.  I took some pictures there.

That's neat that GDD has a store in the downtown area of town.  that wasn't
there when my friend went there.  Do you know Linda Shimulsky - don't know
the spelling - who works for GDD.  I don't know what her job is there these
days as I lost touch with her several years ago when she left San diego and
moved to take a job at GDD.  She has a GDD dog, a yellow Lab but don't
remember it's name.

Lyn and Landon