[nagdu] Question about puppy raisers

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Mon Jun 25 03:06:54 UTC 2012

Dear Puppy raiser,

 My current guide  that I'm working with, I did get to meet his puppy
raisers. but for whatever the reason they didn't want to  keep in contact
with me even though I told them I would like to keep in contact with them. I
was heart broken by this but I respected their wishes. I guess it just was
hard for them to let their puppy they raised go and start his new life with
me.

On the other hand my previous guide I worked him for five years and I also
did get to meet his puppy raisers as well. But with my previous puppy
raisers we became good friends and keep in contact with one another. In
fact, to this day, we are still friends and we get together from  time to
time to visit. I definitely appreciate everything a puppy raiser does for
the first year of a puppies life. If it weren't for you puppy raisers we
handlers wouldn't have these wonderful dogs at are sides.

 So please keep raising puppies. You make a huge difference in a blind or
visually impaired persons life when they recievd a well behaved and trained
guide dog. And without you puppy raisers none of this would be possible. So
keep doing what your doing. Just remember it's not what you're giving up but
what you're giving back. So thank you puppy raisers from us handlers we all
appreciateeverything you raisers do. Take care.

Lori and the Gipper