[nagdu] American Red Cross

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 10:53:21 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
I just did a google search for the American Red cross web site and the link will be below:
http://www.redcross.org
www.redcross.org
I will probably go back later on to look up the contact information and plan on writing it down in braille as the same one for the CRC web site here in Colorado.
I am hoping that their web site will be able to have a lot of helpful resources.
I have yet to finish reading the web site to find out if any of their shelter policies have been updated.
Last I remember back in 2005, I contacted the Milehigh Denver Red Cross chapter to ask questions as far as where would people be able to find an emergency evacuation shelter in situations like disasters like the wild fires here in the state of Colorado along with one in Wyoming and In New Mexico.
A Red cross representative informed me that by law, all of their shelters do have to allow those who do have guide/assistance dogs into their shelters and the dogs are to be allowed in with their handlers.
Another question I wanted to ask is would the web site owner be able to have this listed under the resources link?
I figure that would be a good idea so if people should end up in disasterous situations any time, they will be able to hop on the web site to look it up.
I also came across the Colorado Red Cross web site for Colorado and that link is:
http://www.coloradoredcross.org
I'm sure for those here in Colorado who are in the paths of the wild fires such as guide dog teams and others with service dogs would find this handy.
Just thought I'd share.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf