[nagdu] matching of himans and working dogs

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 04:16:02 UTC 2012

Hi, Lyn,
Orleans and Freedom were somewhat smaller than Odie, but they both needed two high collar handed leash corrections a lot.
When I ended up with Odie, he didn't need lots of those and it took time for me to get used to that.
Odie was a small/medium sized lab in the beginning and I was told that he wouldn't grow anymore.
WRONG!!!
He is almost four feet tall standing and long.
Although he has a lot of strength and power, I'm able to handle him.
I'm a small pitete woman too, but know that I've been able to handle him despite that he will be stubron at times.
Yes, I've had to be tough with Odie upon being firm, but after all is said and done, he will be rewarded with praise.
When I had my first dog, I guess I wasn't as outspoken or forthcoming on what I wanted or was to expect.
Same thing happened the second time around, but when it came to Odie, I had better results.
I needed a dog who didn't require so many hard corrections, a good problem solver and that would correct me if I started to veer or go off ballance.
Although The first and second time weren't successful, the third time around was a charm and something good.
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf