[nagdu] Urgent Advice Requested

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 5 02:14:06 UTC 2012

Hi, Mark,
Glad to hear the good news and the vet did an awesome job to find the cause.
Will keep you and your furry partner in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Odie has had to have his anal glands expressed directly by the vet a couple of times and it did help.
I've been thankfuly he's never had an infection in that area, but have read stories from a few other guide dog handlers whose dogs have gone through that.
definitely not a pleasant experience and if I were a dog, I'd feel just as uncomfortable.
Will dog swallow the pills directly or do you have to put him toward the back of his throat?
I used to do that method, but found it was better to dissolve Odie's meds in water while soaking his food.
Odie has a damaged trachea caused by a birth defect, so the only way for him to eat his food is for it to be soaked.
I do hope the meds do take care of that infection and he won't have to feel that again.
Bibi