[nagdu] Urgent advice requested

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 03:21:32 UTC 2012

Hi Mark,   I foster dogs for the Tucson Siberian Husky Rescue and we
frequently get dogs that are picky eaters. My own new dog, Tipton being a
rescue,is very thin and she shows very little interest in eating and
sometimes refuses to eat. I have found that dogs love cat food. Some times
I will open a can of cat food and offer it mixed with the dogs' kibble. The
more smelly or fishy it is  the better they like it. As for Tipton,it seems
that it is the only thing she will eat.Cat food on a long time basis is not
good for dogs.It is made for cats and what they need.If you feed cat food
for a short period,it will be ok to do so. I have found a better solution
for Tipton. I bought a can of Jack Mackrel, which is People food.I fed this
mixed with her kibble today and she gobbled it down and wanted more.She
likes it even better than cat food. Your dog may have fish breath for a
while until he takes a drink of water, but he will most likely eat his
food. I am lucky as my shepherd Shaman, is not a picky eater and he will
eat what ever I put in front of him. You might try the cat food or the
Mackrel or perhaps some sardines and see if your dog will eat better. I
hope this helps.   Mardi and Shaman and Tipton, future guide dog in
training.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/