[nagdu] tips and tricks for dealing with diarrhea

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:37:59 UTC 2012

As most of you know Em has recently been diagnosed with EPI. She is once
again sick as she has not been put on meds for it. But my question how do
you all deal with diarrhea?

Of course there is the giving the pups rice and chicken broth, I am not
asking for those sorts of tricks, but more how do you deal with it. For
example right now, Em is in her crate on my deck. I check on her every hour
or so, and if she has messed in her crate I will spray it out with water. I
will also spray her down. But for example tonight its suppose to be down in
the 20's and I can't leave her outside. Tonight I will get up and check on
her every few hours. I have even stayed up all night. I have a big crate for
her and a smallish crate. The small crate is easier to take apart and clean
out, the big one is very hard for me to handle by myself. If I feed her rice
and the chicken broth it doesn't immediately firm up the stool. So we will
have at least another 24 more hours of the diarrhea.

*sigh* I love my pup to death, but I am so tired of cleaning up poop. So if
you all have any ideas, they would be much appreciated. When she has
diarrhea, I keep her in the crate, so that it doesn't create a bigger mess.
Do they have self cleaning crates? LOL just kidding

Hoping you all will give some words of wisdom on how to clean up, deal with
the diarrhea.

Marsha