[nagdu] Tipton

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:21:16 UTC 2012

Hi Tracy, Shaman is doing great as my current wheelchair guide. I am sure
he will be working for a long time to come.I have been looking for a dog to
train as a guide to work with my manual wheelchair as my power wheelchair
does not fit in my friends car and she frequently takes me places. Shaman
walks too fast for me when using a manual chair or when I am walking with a
crutch. I walk very slow and can only wheel my chair very slowly.I don't
want to confuse or ruin Shaman for guiding me from the power chair. We go
pretty fast when using it. I tried to train Wanagi,one of my other huskies,
but her valley fever has spiked again and she is not healthy enough to be a
guide.I have really wanted another husky guide since Nala passed away. I
rescued Tipton from our local pound. She was picked up as a stray by Animal
Control and never claimed. She is a beautiful black and white husky with
blue eyes,and she has raccoon eyes,( black circles around her eyes) and
freckles on her nose.She is still very much a puppy at one year of age. We
are currently working on house manners and cat desensitizing. She has
learned to sit, and we are working on down. She has potential.She learns
pretty fast except when it comes to the cats. That is going to take some
time as she is very curious and likes to poke them with her nose. The cats
are not thrilled with this.It's going to take patience.Have a great day,
Mardi and Shaman and Tipton,future GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/