[nagdu] Traveling with dog with hearing problem

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 8 02:09:48 UTC 2012

Hi, Rox,
After the experience I had back in 2005 having to travel with one working ear as the right one was completely plugged up thanks to a big ball of hard ear wax, I learned a great deal of how those who can hear out of one ear relate and do things on a daily basis, at least the travling part.
Although Odie wasn't trained as a hearing dog but more for guide dog use, his extra senses kicked in and took over.
He ended up being my eyes and ears for that one day.
The scary part was only hearing out of one side, but I was able to trust Odie and his capabilities.
He prooved far more than what I thought.
*Smiles*
Bibi