[nagdu] urgent advice needed

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Mar 8 13:28:42 UTC 2012

Mark,

I'm feeding the same food that you do, Taste of the Wild High Plains
Formula.  I didn't realize the probiotics were added after cooking.
That's a good thing.  Still I'm skeptical about the actual benefit.
When I've given probiotics to my dogs, I purchase the people kind.  I
got them from Iherb.com.  Sorry I can't remember the exact formula.
Iherb would also have the Slippery Elm, which is different from the
probiotics.

I went through similar struggles with Monty for the first I don't
remember how many months I had him.  There were numerous trips to the
vet, prescription medications, loads of tests, then herbal supplements,
probiotics and a few food changes.  Eventually it got sorted out.
Everything did help some at least for a while.  I'm not sure if he
outgrew his intestinal difficulties or if I actually found the right
combination of things that work for him.

My best advice is to keep trying and eliminating possible solutions
until you get it sorted out.

Julie