[nagdu] Fw: Hotel Inquiry

Doug Parisian eggmann at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 8 21:37:51 UTC 2012

I don't often forward such "quaintness" but this did warm the cockles of my
heart.

I had a similar experience while taking a cab on a wet sloppy day.  I'd done
the best I could wiping down dog and covering the back seat with a towel,
or, was going to cover the seat when the driver said that my dog was
probably better behaved and cleaner than some of the bar flies he picked up
at night.  Now: the forwarded message:

"Dogs Welcome"

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit
on his vacation

                               He wrote:

I would very much like to bring my dog with> me.  He is well-groomed and
very  well behaved.  Would you be willing to> permit me to keep him in my
room with me at night?

An immediate reply came from the hotel
> owner, who wrote:

SIR:

I have operated this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had
a dog steal towels, bed clothes, silverware or pictures off the walls. I've
never had to> evict a dog                                in the middle of
the night for being drunk and disorderly.  And I've never had a dog run out
on a hotel bill.

 Yes, indeed, your                              dog is welcome at my hotel.
And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too.