[nagdu] Need Help -The Passing Of A Guide Dog

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Sat Mar 10 23:02:19 UTC 2012

Hi, suzy it is really tough to loose a guide dog.My first guide drake passed a year ago on feb 9 and my husband's dog died three weeks before Drake so it was really tough. It was so lonely. I thought that I heard annadog jump on the couch. I kept expecting drake to come and lay his head on my knee or plop down at my feet. I still think about Drake every day even though I went back and got another guide. My new dog is a golden retriever as different as night from day from drake. Drake was laid back and calm where Tres is active and loves people. I love them both but differently. There is a part of my heart that belongs to drake but Tres has a part of me to and that is oh so good. I wasn't sure I could trust or love another dog but I can and do. Drake taught me much about trust and love and Tres continues those lessons.

Sheila Leigland