[nagdu] Licensing Your Dog

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 13 11:07:39 UTC 2012

    It is my belief that the prohibition on requiring proof that a dog is a
service animal only applies as it pertains to access to public entities and
private entities that provide public accommodations. If a licensing
authority requires some sort of proof that a dog is a service animal in
order to extend the privilege of waving licensing fees, that is not an issue
of civil rights. Similarly, there is a program available through which
service dogs are receiving free eye exams. If a condition of this program is
that the person produces documentation that the dog is a service dog, they
are free to do so. Again, this is not a civil right, but a privilege that is
being extended to a specific group of people. HTH!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala