[nagdu] Ownership of guide dog

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:28:10 UTC 2012

Rebecca, I understand where you are coming from. I, personally, do not feel such an attachment as I've always returned the harnesses. The leashes I have kept, along with things like the rope we used to use for obedience, the bells, and the like. I haven't heard of such an impact, but let's just say I can see where it could happen. One day my dog crossed in the middle of a block. Someone asked where the dog was from and I said to them that it came from The Seeing Eye. They said the dog should have been trained better. So let's imagine that someone gets a harness that says "The Seeing Eye" on it off of EBay and takes their Lab into a place and then the dog starts making trouble, diving under tables to get food, or even jumping on tables. Someone sees The Seeing Eye on the harness. What are they going to think? Then let's say the school is seeking donations in their area at some group. The person remembers what he/she saw. That could have an impact. I think an organization has to be able to look out for its interests, too, since that's how they survive. I do understand your feelings even though I am not attached to harnesses and the like, as I said.

Cindy