[nagdu] Ownership of guide dog

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Tue Mar 13 19:12:50 UTC 2012

Hi Marion and list
I look forward to the completion of the NAGDU survey.  I never would
have considered ownership an important issue until I started reading
posts from this list.  Now, my first choices will be only full-ownership
schools.  If I really find I like a school with a one or two year
*probation* I may consider them, but I will focus on full-ownership schools.

I have one question - I thought GDF had something where if the handler
dies within 5 years the dog must be returned to the school.  If this is
true, this is not full ownership.  In this case, the family loses 2
members at once.  I'm not sure If I read this on the NAGDU list via a
post or actually on GDF's web site.  I hope NAGDU finds out what the
true story is on this.

Brenda