[nagdu] Licensing your dog

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:44:59 UTC 2012

Hi all, Mardi here. I live In Tucson Arizona, Pima County. Here, the
license fee is separate from the fee for a rabies shot. We have to take the
dog to a vet to get a rabies shot. We pay the vet for that. Then we send
the certificate that the vet gives us stating the date and what vet
vaccinated the dog, to the Animal Control Center and the money for a
license tag. If you have a service dog, your license is free. You must have
proof that the dog is a service animal. I was given a laminated ID from my
trainer stating that my dog is a guide dog. That is what I use as proof.So
far no one has questioned it. There was a time when I tried to license one
of my guides and because I had no proof as I trained her my self with the
help of a trainer, they made me pay for the license. That is the reason my
trainer gives me the IDs.The next year I showed the ID and did not have to
pay.As a senior citizen I do get a discount for only 4 of my dogs.I have to
pay the regular fee for the other 2 dogs. They count the guide dog license
as one of the discounted dogs.Service dogs in training do not get
discounted or free license. So Tipton's license was the regular
price.Shaman 's license was free.When Tipton becomes a guide dog, her
license will be free. That's how it is here.   Mardi and Shaman and
Tipton,future GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/