[nagdu] question for GDB grads

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 04:12:34 UTC 2012

hI, ALL,
i HAVE A QUESTION FOR WHOSE WHO GRADUATED FROM gdb.
wAS WONDERING IF THEY TRAIN THOSE WHO HAVE HAD TO BE WHEELCHAIR BOUND TO TRAIN WITH A GUIDE DOG?
oNLY OTHER TWO SCHOOLS OR THREE THAT i KNOW THAT DO WHEELCHAIR TRAINING ARE segdi (sOUTHEASTERN gUIDE dOGS iNCORPORATED), GDF (Guide Dog Foundation) and TSE (The Seeing Eye), but The Seeing Eye will only train grads from their school to work with a guide dog while using a power chair or even a walker.
Would GDD (Guide Dogs of the Desert) might have a possibility of such?.
I'm asking while I'm still waiting to hear back from my vocational rehab counselor.
Originally, I was going to go back to Vocational Rehabilitation for refresher on orientation and mobility to hopefully be able to go through GDF for another successor dog.
Due to my seizure disorder however, I may have to go the route of using a power wheelchair.
That would only happen after I've hd a strong seizure happen and have no strength for a few days.
I know there's plenty of options out there for me still as of this time.
*Smiles*
I'd love to go back to Pilot for another successor, but because they don't plan nor will they do wheelchair training to partner a blind individual utilizing a walker or motorized chair, this sort of puts me in a bind.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf