[nagdu] bad handlers

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:27:51 UTC 2012

Rox, I would have to agree with you. I pretty much don't let people pet my dog in harness, but I judge the situation and make decisions on it; then I put him at sit and make sure he's not doing anything untoward. Mostly it is just easier not to allow it. I believe we ought to be careful about judging handlers in sweeping statements and calling them "bad handlers." I would think I would prefer to hear someone say something along the lines of "I never allow someone to pet my dog because I was trained that way and I just feel that for me it is better." I don't say much about what I do with my dog here because I don't want to be judged, and I think we all do pretty much what makes us comfortable. If our dogs are working well for us and we are traveling from Point A to Point B safely, and if those dogs aren't causing trouble out in public, then I think at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Cindy