[nagdu] Bad handlers

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:04:46 UTC 2012

This is one of my "pet" peeves! When I first trained Shaman and we would
get on a bus, people would almost always reach out and pet him.They would
get angry with me when I asked them not to pet him. Finally, one day I got
angry and told them that they were undoing his training and putting my life
at risk.Shaman would go right up to these people on the bus to get
petted,while I was trying to get in to the wheelchair bay.I had trained him
to back up in front of me while going down the isle to get my chair tied
down in the bay.This would distract him so mush when people would pet him.I
felt like screaming! If people left him alone, he did what he was supposed
to with no problem.People also pet my dog when they can clearly see he is
working.Children run up to Shaman and grab him.I can't understand why
people do this to a strange dog,especially a shepherd. I would never just
walk up to a dog I did not know and pet it with out first asking.
Especially if that dog was a shepherd that I did not know.I don't
understand why people get angry with me when I won't let them pet my dog.
It is my dog!I am the only one who pets my dog when he is in harness. I
hate it also when people criticize  me for correcting my dog. I do not
think I am a bad handler.I don't have to use leash corrections very often.I
just hate it when people interfere with my dog and me .  Sorry for the rant
but this really annoys me.    Mardi and Shaman and Tipton,Future GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/