[nagdu] am still around/not feeling great with other things

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 13:08:37 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Odie and I are here and am still around.
unfortunately, I'm not feeling all of that great, especially with a second seizure hitting me again as of yesterday morning.
T is two weeks in a row and I'm really, ready to go and get that seizure control test done immediately.
Last weekend while Odie and I were on the route31 bus going south so we could attend bowling practice, the fare box was broken and it began beeping like crazy.
The sound started to become more rapid and the beeping was already a repeated noise.
By that time, Odie was already agitated more because he knew what was beginning to happen to me.
He already began warning me of an appending seizure and was wanting to hurry up and get me off the bus immediately to a safe spot.
I could feel he wasn't a happy camper as his body began to swell like a balloon, his ears were pulled back, tail tucked in between his legs and his mouth was clenched shut tightly.
Before we reached our final stop, my head began to hurt and swell really awful right around the left frontal lobe.
Thankfully, it was a minor seizure and nothing else more to where the paramedics would have had to been called.
This weekend, which was yesterday, another convulsive grandmal happened and it was during the time I was in a deep sleep.
It was caused by stress for which someone at the bowling alley who is apart of the Milehigh Blind Bowlers's chapter just pushed me over the edge.
Odie stayed close to me in the bedroom until I went into the living room in the morning and told Dale what transfired.
My husband wasn't happy at all.
He told me that he wasn't mad at me, but unhappy with the individual who directly caused me to stress.
So, off I went to bed and tried getting some sleep yesterday.
Odie and I along with Dale nad planned to do some running around today, but that doesn't look like it will happen.
We also planned to attend a meeting tomorrow and if I'm not doing well by this afternoon, it will be a no go.
Well, to make some of it related to guide dog work related, Odie did an awesome job yesterday, a different way of guiding me.
We had the Saint Patrick's Parade in downtown and we ended up coming home to the last part of the event finishing up.
He heeled beautifully beside me while on his retractible leash, wearing his medical alert orange vest and a nylon walk harness.
He was tired as much as I from the long day, but we made it both ways in one piece.
On our way back home though, we encountered people who were walking and definitely not paying attention.
When I felt him pull to the left through the movement of the retractible leash, that was my signal to step over to the left.
I praised him lots regardless of the struggle we dealt with.
Now for the exciting part.
On May 27 and 28, 2012, Odie, my friend Natalie and her guide dog Liam and I will travel to Reno, Nevada by Amtraak for the American Blind Bowler's Association League championships.
I'm looking forward to experiencing a ride on Amtraak with Odie for the first time.
Natalie is also excited about going too.
Liam will get to enjoy his first ride by train too.
The two of us hope and pray both boys will be on their best behavior while we're out there and do well.
I'll go ahead and close out for now.
Will probably finish checking what's left of my messages and try to lie back down again.
My hopes are that I won't have to end up in the back of an ambulance today, but if so, it does happen.
That's how life goes...
*Smiles*
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
medical alert service dog