[nagdu] Question about the Ins and Outs of the Seeing Eye

Juanita Herrera juanitaherrera1991 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:36:05 UTC 2012

Hi Tracy,
I'm not sure when you attended GDB last, but I do have to say that it
seems as though things were different when you were there. The dorms
at the Oregon campus were great. I didn't want to leave because the
bed I had there was way more comfortable than my bed at home. We had
big flat screen TV's, and the rooms were very big. As for modifying
the routes, I had the option of choosing routes that would fit my
needs. I worked a lot on trains and busy areas because that's what I
do at home. For the most part, I did my own thing, and the trainers
simply watched from a certain distance. As for the ownership policy, I
believe you are able to own your dog after a year. I kind of like
having the school's support since this is my first guide dog. But, in
your situation, since it is your sixth dog, I can imagine what you
mean about wanting to have full ownership of your guide dog upon
completion of training. These are just my thoughts since I did visit
quite a few schools before making my final decision.
Best,
Juanita And Anise