[nagdu] blind dog trainer

Mariea Harris mharris1979 at carolina.rr.com
Fri Mar 23 00:23:33 UTC 2012

Oh, I forgot to mention that they worded the reasoning as a "safety
issue for me." They were afraid I'd not be able to read a dog's body
language and someone would get attacked or something. I can see their
point in this, but I do also have a Seeing Eye Dog and am not stupid. I
was totally upfront with them about having a dog and the different
things I already know. The admissions coordinator I had was pretty
impressed and I got the vibe he really wanted them to accept me. He said
they talked for at least 2 hours. He apparently was trying to persuade
them during this time. Now, I really don't know how much of that is
true, but I felt he was being honest. The other thing is that if I find
a mentor, the school will have to speak to them and give them their
mentor test. If they pass the test, then they'll proceed to approve me
for the course. I think that's all the relevant info I've left out so far.

--

Mariea and Valiant