[nagdu] recheck for Giardia?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:04:39 UTC 2012

Giardia is, to the best of my knowledge, a parasite that gets into the soil. Dogs who spend a lot of time in kennels get it, and I think it is contagious because they are in close proximity. Usually the dog has diarrhea, and when they test for it, they find that parasite. Medications usually take care of it pretty quickly, but the normal procedure is to test for it again to make sure it has all been gone. People I know who have gone home with it have done so because the dog tested positive right before leaving, or was needing a second round of meds. The school gave all of them medication.

Cindy