[nagdu] recheck for Giardia?

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Sat Mar 24 05:02:35 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,

I was wondering the same thing. How many more dogs have been sent home with
Giardia? If the dogs were on medication for Giardia while still at the
school, the staff at the school should of had the 2 dogs tested again before
going home to make sure the dogs got rid of the Giardia or still had it. If
the dogs still had it, then the handlers should of been sent home with
medication for the dogs and then tested again at a later time to see if the
dogs still had it or not. And if the dogs did, I think the school should
stand up and be responsable enough to help pay for the  vet bills.

Now if I got a dog that had Giardia while still at the school and was
taking  medication for Giardia. I would insist that the staff at the school
have the vet retest the dog before I went home with the dog to see if the
Giardia is still there or gone. If the Giardia is still there, then I would
insist that the vet send medication home with me and the dog. But if I can't
take medication home with me to treat the dog then I would tell  the staff
that I'm not taking the dog home with me until  the Giardia clears up and
the dog is helthy.  I think it's unexceptable for a school to send home
handlers with sick dogs. I have a big problem with that. And that's
unexceptable to me.

My previous dog Leo and Gipp have never had Giardia. I brought home both
times helthy dogs from the start.

Hannah and Chntle, I hope the Giardia clears up in both your dogs real soon.
Take care.

Lori and theGipper