[nagdu] Benny and bark

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Mar 26 13:58:06 UTC 2012

Ben enjoys coming out in the backyard while I'm out there, but he likes to
eat bark mulch. Usually it passes through with no problem, but the other
day, he ate a lot and threw up several times, and didn't feel so good for
a day or so.
Someone must have told him dogs should bark, but he thought they meant
dogs should have bark.  Really, I fail to see the attraction, especially
now, when most of it has composted to dust.
Anyone have any ideas for breaking this silly habbit?  Or for other kinds
of mulch that might be less attractive?  I wonder, if I used the big chips
instead of the small, if that would be less tasty?  But I suspect not.
I like the mulch, because it means a lot less weed pulling, and a nice
surface to walk on, but I may have to do without.
Tracy