[nagdu] Advance Notification

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 18:42:13 UTC 2012

Under usual circumstances, I will make the sacrifices, as you put it, cindy.
when getting bus companies to repeal their dog muzzling policies in
Louisiana, I was almost arrested more times than I can count, buses passed
me by, police who were friendly to my position brought me to my destinations
countless times when I wasn't allowed on buses because of my refusal to
muzzle my guide dog.  I was almost arrested by Southwest airlines for my
refusal to sit where they assigned me when no others were assigned seating.
I was steadfast  when places denied my access due to my guide dog being with
me in New orleans in the early 1980's.

On the other hand, I also have a personal policy that says if you don't
welcome my dog into your home, you're not welcoming me.  However, when my
partner's father was dying and they didn't want my dog in their home, I left
him with people and went to their home because I wanted to say my good-byes
and be with vic some before he continued his life journey.

I think we have to weigh circumstances and make judgments.  for me, most
access issues or circumstances, I'd stand up for the access, but, there
might be times when I won't be able to. And that's okay, too.

Margo andArrow