[nagdu] Advance Notification

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Mar 28 22:05:39 UTC 2012

Cindy,

That's where I'm not sure.  I don't think it's illegal for them to ask
for the ID, only to make the showing of the ID a condition of entering
the store.  It's a fine line and I suppose it could be argued that by
asking for it, it is presumed that is a condition of access.  However
what seems logical and what flies in court are often not the same. *smile*

Still in the end in the example scenario given by Rebeka the person
would still be going in the store, so no access denial took place.  To
my way of thinking no access denial means no legal case.  But even
without a solid legal case much can still be done through advocates,
letters, the media and other resources.

Julie