[nagdu] Advance Notification

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 29 10:22:52 UTC 2012

But air travel is under the ACAA (Air Carrier Access Act), not the ADA.  So
it's a completely different situation.  And everyone, disabled or not, is
required to show ID in order to board an aircraft, so it is not
discrimination to ask a person with a disability to show ID.  Now, if you
were asked to show ID to merely gain access to the airport terminal, such as
if you were going there to meet an arriving family member or to accompany a
class of school kids on a field trip to the airport, or something like that,
then that might be under the ADA and its regulations.

This is, of course, only my understanding of the situation.  So take with a
large grain of salt.

Best,
Ann