[nagdu] Discrimination is Still Discrimination

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 29 11:56:49 UTC 2012

Rebecca,
    First of all, let me state categorically, that the requirement to
produce documentation as a precondition to access is not "NFB guidance";
rather, it is the guidance of the United States Department of Justice. Let's
say that you are done with your shopping and you are paying for your diapers
and formula with your credit card. The cashier asks you for identification
to ensure that you are truly the cardholder. You present your state issued
photo identification and the cashier says it is not acceptable because the
company's policy clearly states that you must present a driver's license.
This, too, is a violation of the ADA. Where do you stop accepting
discriminatory behavior and stand up for your civil rights?

Fraternally yours,
Marion