[nagdu] Hi, I'm back

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sat May 5 20:07:11 UTC 2012

Hey Jenny,
Welcome back.

I would start slow with walking to get in shape.  Yeah, be open with GDB
about your weight.  Have you tried any other schools like GDD or GDA?  They
are smaller schools and seem to be more open to special needs folks than
GDB.

Last night, I saw some pole dance on TV and there was a woman who was 250
lbs and she did those pole exercises just as well as the slim women did.
She carried her weight very well.  I think the big difference is if you get
and keep your body in good shape with exercise - walking.  I see no reason
why you can't work a guide dog.  many like to walk slow - hey want Landon!
(grin!)  He's too slow for me these days! LOL!

Seriously, there are dogs who work well with a slow pace and the school just
needs to make the right match for you.

Yeah I'd wait if you get the gastro bypass.  There's a good chunk of time in
healing from that - I knew a woman who had that done.

Good luck to you and I wish you sucess!

Lyn and Landon