[nagdu] dog food take #173

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue May 8 15:43:19 UTC 2012

I'm in the same boat with Mark.  We were feeding Taste of the Wild and
are now looking for something else.  It's frustrating because I
researched the options and honestly felt like Taste of the Wild would be
a good long term choice.  I didn't want to keep changing foods.

I would be forever grateful for any help in choosing a new food.   I
need something with no grain, especially no corn, wheat or soy.  Small
amounts of oats, rice or millet are okay.  I prefer something with a red
meat source like beef, bison, venison etc.  as my dogs seem to do
better.  I need something available in large sizes and that won't break
the bank.  I'm feeding two large size dogs.  I also have to have it
available on the internet and shipped here, again shipping needs to be
low cost or free.  I have been using PetFlow and am pleased with the
service, but I am willing to try another company if they don't have the
brand I want.

Finally I have a strong desire to find a food from a company that is
ethical, uses minimal imported ingredients, uses human grade ingredients
or at least not the dead diseased and dying meat sources and that
doesn't have a history of recalling their foods.

I have tried raw feeding in the past and it does not work for me. I am
likewise not interested in home cooked  preparation of dog food.

Any help, sympathy or encouragement is appreciated.

Thanks!
Julie