[nagdu] back with question and update

Laurel laurel.stockard at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:42:20 UTC 2012

Wow. Yeah, I've accidentally bumped my foot into Stockard before
reaching out and looking for a curb etc. You might want to explain how
important guide dogs are to us, and because of our relationship with
our guides, we would never hurt them because a hurt guide dog ends up
harming us. Also, sometimes people in public think we're being cruel
when we give our dogs a strong leash correction for something, and the
dog then looks sad. We're not actually "yanking the dog's head off"
we're correcting and the dog knows it. You might also want to tell the
lady about how the public should interact with a working dog, not
coming up and petting without permission, talking to the dog, not
feeding it etc. Just some ideas, keep us posted.
Laurel and Stockard