[nagdu] RE Air Travel with Guide Dogs

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:34:19 UTC 2012

My guide dog is very young, just over two years old. However, spending over
10 hours in an airport is taxing to anyone's bladder, both people and guide
dogs. If you are desperate, and the turbulence is not too bad, those with a
strong stomach can use the tiny bathrooms on an airplane, however, guide
dogs don't have this luxury. My flight takes off at 9:50 and lands at what
would be the equivalent of 5:30. Like clockwork, my dog has to go around
3:00 regardless of what I do. With the getting to the airport at least 1.5
hours early I am planning to get to the airport at 7:30. With the Memorial
Day traffic, getting up from the cape, Cape Cod for you non locals, will
take at least 2 hours. This means I will be leaving my house around 5:30am.
No matter how you cut it, this is going to be a long day.