[nagdu] this afternoon

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue May 15 23:34:21 UTC 2012

Heya all!

I haven't written much lately.  I've been super busy, but here's
something pretty cool from this afternoon.

I went up to the middle school to present my last after school program
for this year.   When I got there I was told that once again the
afternoon had been double booked.   While we were discussing the
frustrating aspects of this situation the other speaker arrived, the
veterinarian.  The after school teacher feeling guilty about sending
either one of us home was struggling with a solution when the vet
offered that she'd demonstrate an exam and use Monty to show the kids
what she does.  I'm thinking this is a great idea!

So I didn't have to teach the little darlings and I got a free vet exam
for Monty.  Bonus!  He was extremely well behaved, very cooperative and
super healthy.  The vet demonstrated how she'd wrap an injured paw and
Monty didn't fuss at all.  The vet even commented on how relaxed he was
because his heart rate was appropriate to the situation.  The kids
listened to his heart and asked lots of good questions.

Of course I took him out of his harness for this.  I was right there to
prompt Monty to sit or stand or whatever she needed him to do.

I knew that he was healthy and that he would behave, but it's so nice to
hear those things from a professional.

Julie