[nagdu] Cedarcide

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed May 16 01:07:00 UTC 2012

I spray both Monty and Belle essentially the same.  I probably put more
on Belle though, because she has more fur.  I spray them liberally,
maybe 12 or so squirts over as much of their coat as is practical.  I
then rub it in with my hands, making sure it gets worked down their
legs, tail and ears.  I don't spray their head at all, but I do use what
gets on my hands to delicately go over their head. I don't completely
saturate their coats. I doubt that much of the spray gets worked all the
way down to their skin, especially on Belle.  It doesn't seem to
matter.  I think it is the smell that keeps the bugs away.

I generally spray them on the weekend because they are pretty strongly
smelling of cedar for the first few hours.  I like the smell so it
doesn't bother me at all.  I'm not sure that everyone else is quite so
excited about the smell of cedar though.  I spray them once a week
during bug season, and more frequently if they get wet because it will
rinse off.

This year is going to be really bad with bugs.  I just today ordered the
cedar stuff for the yard.  I'm hoping to make sitting on the back patio
with the dogs a little more pleasant for everyone.  We'll see if the
yard stuff works as well as the dog spray.

HTH
Julie