[nagdu] The Process of Getting a Guide

Robert Hooper hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed May 16 13:57:01 UTC 2012

Hello Greg:

Most of these questions could be directed at Southeastern, as I'm sure it varies from school to school. There are many factors, including time of the year, availability of trainers to your area, etc. Just to give you a time frame, I applied to The Seeing Eye in mid-May, and was in class by mid-July of last year. Of course, this is on the short end of things and I am still surprised at how quickly things managed to go. Does Southeastern say anything about this on their website? The best advice I can give is if you are unsure of something specific to the school (such as various time frames such as the one about which you are inquiring), contact the school and ask.
As far as anything else you could be doing, I would think of some questions you want to ask the trainer who visits you. Questions about training, dogs, the program, how long it might take to get you in class, any breed preferences you may have, and so on. Other than that, you should be alright. I hope this helps a bit.
Sincerely,
Robert Hooper
Hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
The Ohio State University