[nagdu] Man in danger of losing service horse

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed May 16 23:08:19 UTC 2012

>From what I understand is that horses are considered "companion animals" and
not the same as "livestock" such as a cow or pig.

Many horses are pets but they are in the middle sinse many mini horses are
also kept in barns like their full sized counterparts.  Horses, mules, and
donkeys are not the same as a pig or cow in that they are NEVER used as food
animals for human consumption in the US as they may be in other countries.

Horses - and mini horses are considered work animals that are close to
humans.  The Arab horse was developed by the Bedoin tribe where they shared
their tents with their horses.  Arab horses are very people orientated -
more than many other horse breeds.

My friend, who has a guide horse, houoses the horse in the barn with a
companion mini horse but it does come in the house along with the cats and
dog.

Lyn and Landon