[nagdu] The Process of Getting a Guide

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Fri May 18 03:40:16 UTC 2012

Thanks.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Lea williams
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:26 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List,the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: Re: [nagdu] The Process of Getting a Guide

Gregg, you have to with all the schools from my knowledge have a
recent O&M report. Contacting the local social worker is a good start.
They will be able to get you in contact with who you will need to. It
is possible that it could take the O&M people a month to 6 months for
them to come out. I hope you can get them to come out soon.

On 5/17/12, NCBootman <ncbootman at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only resource we have is a social worker for the blind. I'll check
> with
>
> her. There was somebody they called in from another city for someone
> getting
>
> a job and it seemed that was the only way they got them. I am in a rural
> very small town area. But, if worse comes to worse, I'll apply to Leader
> Dog
>
> for the Accellerated Mobility Program first. I won't be deterred. I have
> been known to be stubborn in a positive way (smile).
>
> Good luck to you in your quest for a new guide dog. This is so exciting
> isn't it.
>
> Greg

>>> periods.  The Seeing Eye takes a few months, usually.  Also, at this