[nagdu] busy Friday and more

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon May 21 05:50:10 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
If you'd rather not read this, then feel free to delete and move on to your other emails.
*Smiles*
It was a busy Friday last week and more to come.
Dale, Odie and I headed out around 8:00 AM to catch the route0 bus that went to Highlands Ranch.
We got off at Littleton Boulevard and Broadway to walk over to the Littleton Public Schools stadium to attend our twin cousins graduation.
It went well and the ceremony was awesome.
I'll admit our goofy son, Odie decided he was going to lick the ground and I immediately offered him some water from his Good Life collapsable water bowl.
He immediately drank a good amount of water andI'm glad he did that.
Even when he licked the ground, it just wasn't the part of being thirsty.
He was also trying to see if he could taste anything that was spilled there a while back.
We then went over to cousin Ca-sandra's house for the graduation party.
The weather held on until the afternoon when a big storm emerged.
We were outtside for the majority of the time and Odie enjoyed the fresh cool grass.
He did get to say hello to some neighborhood kids and they enjoyed him.
When the storm hit, it was going to unleash a good amount of rain.
When I heard the crack above me and felt the brightness from the lightning flash, I immediately started feeling myself to go into a small seizure.
At some point, (I was aware and other times, not aware of what was going on.
I immediately got up from the chair I was sitting on, threw on my back pack and immediately looked for Odie.
He had sprawled out on the ground and went to sleep.
A family member or friend grabbed him for me and I slipped his work vest back on.
By then, heavy rain drops began coming down and Odie started pulling me toward ca-sandra's house, not only getting me out of the rain, but he also wanted to get inside quickly.
While we were indoors, I finally had to tell Dale I needed to lie down as my head started hurting more.
His uncle Jessie gave us a ride home to where I'd feel more comfortable in my home environment if a full blown convulsive grandmal seizure were to occur.
I had already endured one Wednesday night due to a lightning storm and another one Friday which by then, it was starting to become irritating.
I took my night time meds and a Laraisipan relaxer to help prevent anxiety from building up and immediately went to sleep a while later.
I was supposed to attend the final day of bowling practice Saturday morning which ended up not happening.
I overslept and didn't wake up until 10:20 AM.
It was possible I may have had another minor seizure in my sleep that morning as there was another storm with a good amount of lightning.
I ended up going to the bowling alley anyway to collect mine and Natalie's bowling balls upon helping my team mates take down the railings.
Surprisingly that morning, Odie handled everything well and he didn't fight with me one bit, despite we had to go out in the rain.
We waded through a small lake of water which was up to my ankles and his knee caps.
In a parking lot, we put up with more water.
Odie felt bad for me getting wet and he rubbed his head on my legs as to say, "I'm sorry mommy!"
I couldn't holler or get on him as it really wasn't his fault and it couldn't be helpped.
Although he didn't like to be wet, Odie was more concerned about me making it to the bowling alley.
After I grabbed Nat and I's bowling balls to stick them in my duffle bag on wheels, we went to the snack bar and hung out for a while.
One of the bowler's friends offered to buy me a hamburger with french fries and a small Mr. Pib.
After lunch and gathering with friend, Nat and I decided to make our way out to the bus so we could get home.
The rain cleared up for a while, but I wasn't going to take any further chances.
While Odie and I hung out at the Colfax and Federal Transfer Station near Auraria Campus, we caught with a street supervisor named Ren'ee or (Renee) since we'd never had a chance to stop and talk.
I got into talking about my convulsive grandmal seizure disorder and decided to do a mock practice drill right there and then.
I put my left hand on Odie first, then purposely pushed myself over.
Of course, Odie reacted quickly as I went to the ground and he was underneath me right away.
When I started to get back up, he helped get me back up , he then looked at me as to say, "Mommy! Are you crazy? What in the heck are you doing!"
He then rubbed his head on my right leg to ask if I was all right anyway.
Renee said she was glad to see the mock drill and despite that it was good education, she also learned something too.
One concern she brought up to me was how Odie would react if she were to approach me during a convulsive grandmal seizure happening.
I explained to her that Odie wouldn't have a problem because he already knows her and that he would look to her for help.
I also mentioned to Renee that whenever I introduce myself, I also make sure that Odie gets to say ehllo and know them too.
I will only do that with fire, paramedics, police, construction, street supervisor for RTD and other business workers.
Odie is allowed to say hi to friends we know.
Tomorrow, the two of us are out bright and early for my doctor's appointment, then back home to hang out and just keep going.
We'll be doing a lot off and on this week as well.
We'll be attending another graduation ceremony on Friday as my brother-in-law will be graduating from school and then a barbicue to celebrate his accomplishments.
Saturday is the banquet for the Milehigh Blind Bowlers League and then Sunday will be the big day for going out of town.
That's when Natalie the boys and I will have to be up and extremely early to make our trip down to Union Station to get the Amtraak train.
Despite what is happening with having two more convulsive grandmal seizures and hurting, I just keep hanging in there and going with the flow.
Otherwise, I could stay home and cry over nothing but spilled milk.
I definitely don't plan on allowing medical ailments to keep me in one place as I have other things to be doing in life so I can keep going.
despite Odie having degenerative disc disease, he too likes to be on the go and doesn't mind catching me during a fall either.
He's a tough labrador and it takes a lot for him to cry or yelp.
Majority of the time, he ends up being more worried about me than himself.
*Smiles*
Well, I'll close out right here and go back under my hiding rock.