[nagdu] The Process of Getting a Guide

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon May 21 16:57:08 UTC 2012

If a school insisted on an actual statement from an O&M instructor, I'd
find that rather patronizing.  Some places seem to assume that every blind
guy gets cradle-to-grave services, and it just ain't so.  Like Greg, I
haven't talked to an O&M person for at least 25 years, except for those
who happen to work for a dog school.  Imagine that.  I've actually been
rehabilitated, and escaped from the rehab system. And I know for a fact
that many other blind people have, too.  Isn't that supposed to be what
rehab is all about?
Tracy