[nagdu] FW: [Seeingeye-l] Pit bull attacks guide dog in Royal Oak, Michigan

Deanna Lewis deannakay03 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:05:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,
This is very scary. When I was at GDB training with Pascal, he was attacked
by a dog. I was working with a trainer in a suburban area. We were walking
by a house and this lady opened her front door and her dog came running
outside. It ran after Pascal and was barking and snapping at him. The
trainer was yelling at the dog and it took the lady a few minutes to figure
out what was going on. She finally got her dog, and started to apologize.
Luckily, Pascal was not hurt and could continue to work.
Pascal has also been attacked by a neighbors pitt bull. He was not hurt, but
it was very scary. Luckily, that neighbor moved away, and we don't have to
worry about it. But, there is a big German Shepherd in our complex, that the
owner can not control. It worries me, but at least now the owner keeps it on
a leash.
Even though Pascal has been threatened by some dogs he has continued to be a
good worker. He does have some issues with dog distractions.
Deanna and Pascal