[nagdu] private guide training

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed May 30 12:28:52 UTC 2012

        Not always.
Do you really want a dog? I ask because it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself a dog is what you want.
There are a bunch of good reputable schools you could choose from.  There are a few very good owner-trainers on this list that would be willing to talk with you about owner-training.
Pilot gave you a sheep dip answer regarding a dog and your son.

Waiting for six months won't buy you anything.

And, you don't have to get a dog now or ever. You can still stay on the list and you can still be involved with guide dogs if that's what interests you. Everybody needs a ground crew.

I say this as someone who doesn't have a guide dog, and probably won't get one in the future.  There is always something you can do if you want to be involved.