[nagdu] My first NFB convention with 101 dogs

Deanna Lewis deannakay03 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:45:36 UTC 2012

Hi Debbie,
Unfortunately, I am not going to be in Dallas this year. But, I have been to
the last three NFB Conventions. Pascal, my guide dog is a big flirt too. I
will usually let him say "hi" to dogs we see on a normal basis. But, at
Conventions, there are so many dogs and it's best to keep your dog under
control. Some handlers and dog don't like to let their dogs sniff each
other. In fact, at my first National Convention, someone's dog went after
Pascal.
I will usually make some new friend's who have guide dogs, or re-connect
with old friend's. And we set up some time for our dog's to play. Take some
toys to keep your dog occupied and get some exercise. Conventions can be
bery stressful, so the dog's need an outlet.
Hope that helps.
Have fun!
Deanna and Pascals