[nagdu] Glucosamine

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Oct 3 17:24:10 UTC 2012

Echo took a glucosamine pill for her arthritis, and it seemed to help.  We
started it when we noticed she was having trouble.
Ben turned 8 yesterday.  He's not showing any signs of arthritis--no
trouble climbing into the bus, or jumping in and out of a van.  But I
wonder, is it better to start the glucosamine before I notice any signs?
Or is it just as good to wait until I see he needs it?  I take it myself,
and it seemed to take 3 or 4 weeks to start showing results.
Does anyone know about the timing for when a dog would start benefitting
from a glucosamine pill?
Thanks.
Tracy