[nagdu] Learning new routes with a guide dog.

Nadja Öberg starwalnut at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 9 15:15:52 UTC 2012

BS"D

Rebecca,

Our schools work differently. I don't see it as a problem that I need sighted help to learn a new route because this is how my dog and I was taught it from the beginning. I don't do it all the times but that's because it works for us. I know that SLHF (the federation for Swedish guide dog owners) want the school to be more positive to free work your dog if the dog and owner are made for it so we'll see that'll happen in the future.

I'm taught how to free run my dog and I don't need to have a sighted person with me. I don't do it so often because of my location but I've friends who free run their dogs every week in the forest and such.

Kind regards,
Nadja and Hera

Webpage: http://www.nadjaoberg.com