[nagdu] Just curious

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Fri Oct 12 13:19:13 UTC 2012

AS a moderator of a list myself, I can understand the need to bring things under control.  There were entirely too many one-liners, usually from the same people.  But I have noticed as well that the amount of list traffic has dropped significantly to the point that there are few discussions going on.  I'm not sure if there is a workable compromise at this point.  Speaking for myself, I have cut way back and may even leave the list or at least go no mail for awhile.  Still pondering which decision I will make.

Moderating a list is not an easy job, and it gets frustrating when moderators make repeated requests that are ignored.  So I can understand when moderators feel compelled to take drastic measures.

Just some ponderings from a moderator for anaother guide dog list.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

>>> "Steven Johnson" <blinddog3 at charter.net> 10/12/2012 8:47 AM >>>
So, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are to the 5 post limit?  I have
noticed that there is very little discussion anymore and honestly, that is
really too bad.  If you don't feel comfortable in answering on this list,
email me off-list.
Blinddog3 at charter.net

Signed, Intrigued

Steve